Resources for Parents
Thanks for sending your child to Kids Camp. Below you will find a list of links & information that will help you know more about your child’s experience at Kids Camp. Please follow our Fly Kids Facebook page for Kids Camp pictures, videos & updates. We try to post a picture of each child each day. So you know your child is doing great at camp.
have your child wear their “Fly Kids Shirt” on Monday. It will help us and it looks great too!
CHECK-IN & DROP-OFF INSTRUCTIONS
DROP OFF: Monday, June 13th, 6:15 a.m.
Parents when you drop off your child please find their Counseling Groups and drop off their luggage with their counselor. You can find their counseling group here: Kids Camp Cabins & Counseling Groups – 2022
Please do not bring any luggage inside.
Please use a sharpie & masking tape when labeling all your child’s luggage & possessions. Use their full name and counseling group number. This will help us get everything to and from camp.
Once you have dropped off their luggage at the designated location then come inside and check-in. There they will get their name tag and further instructions about our check-in process. If you have any medication or money to drop off please visit our medication & money drop-off tables.
Special Note: If your child uses an inhaler or any other urgent medication please inform our volunteers at our medication table so they can get it to the correct counselor.
After you’ve checked in your child & visited the medication & money drop-off please say your good-byes. We will direct them to the Fly Kids room where they will wait until we have all the campers and are ready to roll. You’ll have one more chance to wave goodbye once we loaded the buses. We will return them to you on Thursday afternoon.
PICK UP: Thursday, June 16th, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Parents we will text you on Friday afternoon to inform you about the exact pick-up time. We will also post our progress on the Fly Kids Facebook Fanpage. You can pick up and drop off your child at Cornerstone Church: 1403 1st Ave SW Austin MN 55912.
Kids Camp FAQ
- What to Bring to Camp? – 1 medium suitcase, 1 small carry-on, 1 sleeping bag, 1 pillow (stuffed animals & small blankets unlimited) Please label all of your kids luggage, sleeping bags, stuffed animals, backpacks, etc.
- Kids Camp Cabins & Counseling Groups – 2022 – Click the link to see who your child’s cabin/counseling group
- How Should I Pack Medication? – Provide medical information when registering.
- What about Spending Money? – Please turn in money at our Money Drop-off table after you check your child in.
- What if my Child is Homesick? – Don’t worry we will take good care of your “baby”. 🙂
- What about electronics? – Yes, your child can bring their, iPod, phone, tablet for the ride to and from camp. We will collect their electronics once we arrive at camp. We will return them to them on the ride home from camp. Please label them with their full name and counseling group number.
- TEAM COLOR: RED RED RED – Bring anything red you can find! RED for the WIN!
Kids Camp Links
- Lake Geneva Christian Center Website – check it out. LGCC is an AWESOME CAMP.
- Counseling Groups: (Counseling Cabins/Groups) – Notice the number of their counseling group. This is will be your first stop when you drop off your child for camp.
- Kids Camp Schedule – This is what your child will be doing each day.
- Fly Kids Facebook Page Get status, picture & video updates from counselors during kids camp.
- Mail Address: Your child’s name, 605 Birch Ave, Alexandria MN 56308.Parents you can also send mail to your child at camp. Drop them a short letter of encouragement. Be sure to send it on Monday or Tuesday so they will receive it before they leave on Thursday.
Fly Kids Shirts
Fly Kids shirts will be available for pick up at the church office starting Saturday, June 5th. Please have your child wear their “Fly Kids Shirt” on Monday, June 14th. It will help us while traveling and it looks great too! If you need to set up other arrangements to get your child’s shirt please email email@example.com
Mandy DeVrient: Phone: 507-433-7008 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org