In the third week of September, a lot is changing in our Next Generation Ministries at Cornerstone Church. What is Next Generation Ministries? It is all of our environments for kids birth thru 12th grade. At Cornerstone we refer to our early childhood, elementary, middle school & high school ministries as NEXTGEN. We are excited to announce that we are starting a middle school environment specifically designed for students in 5th, 6th & 7th grade called ax!om567.
There currently are 3 major ministries that make up NEXTGEN at Cornerstone. Fly Kids Jrs. (birth-5 years) Fly Kids (K-5th grade) AX!OM (6th-12th grade) and now we will be adding ONE MORE, ax!om567 (5th-7th grade). We will be combining 5th-grade students from Fly Kids with the 6th & 7th-grade students from AX!OM and creating our new ministry: ax!om567. So this is what NEXTGEN will look like come mid-September of 2016:
NEXTGEN Ministries at Cornerstone Fall 2016
Parent Info. Meeting
On Wednesday, September 7th at 7:00 p.m. there will be an informational meeting at Cornerstone Church in room 102 (multi-use room). This meeting will be a great opportunity for parents to be informed about the new 5th-7th grade ministry. The meeting will start at 7:00 p.m. with more detailed information regarding ax!om567 and end with an opportunity for parents to ask questions.
At the beginning of each month, Next Generation ministries will be sending out an informative email. This email will have all schedule of events, student & parents resources, and insight into what is happening with Next Generation Ministries at Cornerstone Church. To receive this email please use the sign-up forms below, noting there are different forms depending on the ages of your children.
Fly Kids Jrs. & Fly Kids Monthly Newsletter Sign-up Forms
AX!OM & ax!om567 Monthly Newsletter Sign-up Forms
Sunday Morning Changes
Sundays during our 9:00 & 10:30 a.m. service students in 5th – 7th grade will be meeting EVERY WEEK in the main wing room 102 (multi-use) for The Lounge. The Lounge is a hang out space designed specifically for ax!om567. Starting Sunday, September 18th, The Lounge will be open every week for middle school students to connect with their friends and their adult small group leaders. They will enjoy breakfast and time to connect with their small groups.
Every other Sunday starting September 18th only students in 8th – 12th grade will head upstair in our main wing to room 201 to enjoy a more mature atmosphere where a caffeinated continental breakfast is served. It will be a place to escape those pesky younger students and exhausting older parents. Mark your calendars now. It happens on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month.
Important Fall Dates
- Wednesday, September 7th: Last night of joint AX!OM youth service for students 6th – 12th. Don’t worry we’ll all get together again, we promise.
- Wednesday, September 7th: Parent Info Meeting. Parents meeting in the multi-use room at 7:00 p.m. at Cornerstone Church.
- Wednesday, September 14th: AX!OM Wed. Xperience service. Starting at 7:00 p.m. only Students 8th – 12th grade will meet in the NEXTGEN Wing Auditorium.
- Saturday, September 17th: ax!om567 Sat. Xperience service. Starting at 5:00 p.m. only students in 5th – 7th grade will meet in the Main Wing room 102 (multi-use).
- Sunday, September 18th: The Lounge. Starting at 9:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. only students in 5th – 7th grade will be meeting in Main wing room 102 (multi-use).
- Sunday, September 18th: AX!OM Connections. Starting at 9:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. only students in 8th – 12th grade will be meeting in the main wing upstairs in room 201.